Essential advice on preparing your body for IVF and other fertility treatments
Embarking on IVF – or any assisted fertility treatment – can be a very demanding, expensive and stressful experience, but the right physical, nutritional and emotional support can lessen these stresses and strains and increase chances of success. In Zita West’s clear and sensitive style she offers an in-depth explanation of all aspects of fertility and, uniquely, addresses the issues involved in assisted conception. She explains:
- Fertility MOT: All aspects of fertility (for men and women) – from preconception and trying naturally through to assisted conception.
- How to improve and look after the eggs you have.
- What is involved in the IVF process; when it works and when it fails
- How to prepare your body to increase your chances of conceiving, through lifestyle and a proactive approach to diet and nutrition
- How complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, can increase your chances of success
- How to keep your relationship together – understanding how each partner feels
- Moving on from IVF through egg donation, surrogacy and the decision to remain childless.
This is an invaluable guide for the growing number of people who are
considering, or have already embarked on, medical intervention.
Zita West has been involved in fertility and pregnancy for over 25 years, as a midwife, a nutritional advisor, an acupuncturist and as an author and consultant. Over that time thousands of couples
have come to her for advice on how to get into into optimum shape for all the vital stages of childbirth. Zita is acknowledged as one of Europe’s leading experts on how each of us can improve our prospects at each key stage of the reproductive process through natural means or, if necessary, through medical intervention. Zita has helped Kate Winslet, Stella McCartney and Cate Blanchett through their pregnancies.
For more information, visit: www.zitawest.com
Published by Vermilion, 4th March 2010, £14.99
We have FOURTEEN copies of Zita West’s Guide to Fertility to give away.