How to make breastfeeding work with your baby’s help. Breastfeeding is easy when you follow your baby’s natural instincts. Forget stressful routines, painful breasts and problems with milk supply. This straightforward guide shows you how to follow your baby’s lead so you can enjoy relaxed and pain-free breastfeeding.
Bringing together recent research into breastfeeding into one volume, packed full of practical advice, Baby-Led Breastfeeding will show you:
- How to help your baby follow his instincts from the very first feed
- How to make the most of the first few weeks to get breastfeeding up and running.
- How to avoid the common practices that make breastfeeding difficult
- The value of skin-to-skin contact between mother and baby
- How to ensure optimal breastmilk production
- How to prevent most common breastfeeding problems – and how to deal with them if they do happen
- How responding to your baby can help you find an approach to feeding that works for both of you
Including at-a-glance ‘what to expect’ information, Baby-led Breastfeeding is a sensible and sensitive guide that will help you and your baby develop a happy and fulfilling breastfeeding relationship.
About the authors
Gill Rapley has been a lactation consultant and a voluntary breastfeeding counsellor and is a former deputy director of the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative. She is also a qualified midwife and worked for 20 years as a health visitor. Her three children, now grown up, were all breastfed. She is currently a PhD student at Canterbury Christ Church University, where she is carrying out research into the introduction of solid foods to babies.
Tracey Murkett is a writer and journalist. She breastfed her daughter, and followed baby-led weaning with her. She is a voluntary mother-to-mother breastfeeding helper for the breastfeeding network (BfN).
Published by Vermilion | June 2012 | £10.99
We have FIFTEEN copies of Baby-Led Breastfeeding to give away