30th July is International Friendship Day, and also marks the start of ‘Blue Nose Friends Friendship Week’ – BFF Week for short – with mini friendship events running for kids up and down the country at Entertainer stores during the week.
Most of us have a BFF that we’ve known since childhood, and BFF Week is all about celebrating the start of what will turn out to be some of our kids’ most enduring friendships – their best friends for life!
The week has been inspired by the launch of the My Blue Nose Friends Collectables from Worlds Apart, and is being run with the help of The Entertainer toy stores to help and encourage girls to recognise the importance of friendships and celebrate the things that make each one so special.
My Blue Nose friends were invented by Greetings company Carte Blanche, to keep the loveable, yet lonely Tatty Teddy company! Just like real life friends, each of the characters has different personalities and qualities that are appealing for different reasons.
BFF Week also gives you a chance to *talk to your child about the value of their friendships and how to manage the inevitable challenges that kids experience with friendships as they develop and grow.
When you visit any of the 70 Entertainer stores during BFF Week starting 30th July, your child will be given the chance to write a short message to someone who means a lot to them. Each of the friendship messages will be placed onto the Tatty Teddy friendship display stand inside the shop and your daughter will be given a free friendship bracelet to give to her BFF! Take along her friend and both girls will receive a matching bracelet!
At the end of Saturday 4th August, three winning messages will be selected at random per store to win fantastic My Blue Nose Friends Collectables, with the top winner receiving the fantastic Tatty Teddy’s Heart House play set.
There are free fun activities sheets that will be given away, plus anyone purchasing something from the new Tatty Teddy toy collection will receive a money voucher towards another item from the range. And with other activities in store, BFF Week could be the start of some beautiful new friendships for life!
*Five ways to be a Great Friend
– some things to discuss with your child
- Be sharing – a great friend will share their toys and other things they have and discover sharing is a great way to have even more fun when you play together.
- Have fun with your friends – laughing and enjoying your friends company is a great way to show you are a good friend.
- Give compliments – think of good things to say to and about your friends – they will hopefully repay the compliments!
- Listen to others – a great friend is one who will listen to other people’s point of view and asks questions about what they think.
- Always ask people to join in with your games and make sure you include all your friends in games you are playing for even more fun!
- What’s more, lots of fantastic giveaways and games will be running on the Worlds Apart Twitter page @WorldsApartKids #BFFWEEK and Facebook page www.facebook.com/Worlds-Apart so why not join in the fun!!