Vintage Classics, an imprint of Random House, are giving two lucky readers the chance to win a brand new series of Children’s Classics. Vintage Children’s Classics will be a beautiful and affordable series of books intended to inspire and nurture a life-long love of reading in children and adults alike.
The lucky two winners will each receive twenty beautifully designed titles of old favourites and contemporary classics a prize worth over £100 each – perfect reading for all the family.
On 2nd August 2012, Vintage Classics, an imprint of The Random House Group, launch a new list of children’s classics which can be enjoyed by all the family.
The launch list of twenty titles will feature perennial favourites such as Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden and Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island alongside much-loved contemporary classics exclusive to Random House including The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne.
Each beautifully designed volume will contain exclusive extra ‘Backstory’ material, including quizzes and family activities and fascinating facts about the books and their authors. The series launch titles include:
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (£6.99)
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (£5.99)
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell (£5.99)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne (£6.99)
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon (£7.99)
- Emil and the Detectives by Erich Kastner (£5.99)
- Five Children and It by E. Nesbit (£5.99)
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (£7.99)
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling (£5.99)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (£5.99)
- Peter Pan by J.M Barrie (£5.99)
- The Railway Children by E. Nesbit (£5.99)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (£6.99)
- The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier (£6.99)
- Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransom (£7.99)
- Swallowdale by Arthur Ransom (£7.99)
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (£5.99)
- What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge (£7.99)
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (£5.99)
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken (£5.99)
The series will also be accompanied by the launch of a dedicated interactive website for Vintage Children’s Classics – worldofstories.co.uk – with fun quizzes, downloads and extra material where children will be able to find out more about their favourite characters and stories.
A further ten titles will be published by the end of 2012, with more titles in the following years. Each of the books will be available in both print and ebook format.
We have TWO sets of twenty Vintage Children’s Classics books to give away.