Looking for a recipe that the whole family will enjoy? Look no further! Quick, simple, nutritious and delicious, the recipe from www.manyfacesofpotatoes.co.uk for Oven Baked Potato Tortilla ticks all the boxes and we even have a microwave method if you want to be really speedy!!
- 300g Salad potatoes (such as Charlotte or Maris Peer)
- 6 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 Courgette, very thinly sliced
- 2 Small tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 75g Frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Scrub the potatoes and thickly slice.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large, microwaveable bowl. The less densely they are packed, the quicker they will cook.
- Run the potatoes under the tap and drain. Add a small splash of water, cover with cling film, put in the microwave and cook for 6-8 minutes in an 850W (Category E) microwave. For different category or wattage microwaves, adjust cooking time in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- Place potatoes in a pan with just enough boiling water to cover them. Lid on bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender, drain.
Once the potatoes are cooked:
- Line 2 x round cake tins about 20 cm ( 8”) with baking paper. Mix all ingredients together, spoon into tin and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven for about 25-30 minutes until ‘fluffy’, risen and golden brown. Serve with a tomato & onion salad & seasonal leaves
If you like the look and taste of this, there are thousands of recipes online at www.manyfacesofpotatoes.co.uk.